There are tons of beauty cosmetics and skin products available in the market but do you think they are good enough for your skin. Most of these beauty products contain harsh ingredient that may harm your skin and takes away its natural moisture. On the other hand essential oils are natural and can be freely used without any fear of side effects. Essential oils offer so many benefits in your skin care regime. Below are some common essential oils found in herbal skin products –
1. Jojoba oil – It is an important ingredient of scalp cleansers and hair conditioners. Its absorption properties make it useful in skin care products as a cleaning agent, makeup remover and moisturizer… It has anti-wrinkles and anti-bacterial effect on the skin. It can be used as base carrier oil into which other essential oils can be diluted before applying it to the skin.
2. Almond oil – It is an important ingredient of skin products specially formulated for dry skin. It is commonly used as a carrier oil to blend with other essentials oils. It is easily absorbed into the skin and is an excellent emollient with nourishing properties.
3. Geranium oil – It is excellent oil for mature and troubled skin and brings a radiant glow and promotes circulation. Pregnant women should avoid use of this oil.
4. Lavender oil – It is a wonderful oil for oily and combination skin. It has antiseptic and stimulant properties. This essential oil is useful in treating skin conditions such as abscesses, acne, athlete’s foot, allergies, boils, bruises, burns, dandruff, dermatitis, earache, inflammations, eczema, insect bites and stings, insect repellant, lice, psoriasis, ringworm, scabies, sores, spots, sunburn and wounds.
5. Rosemary oil – It has an antioxidant properties, and has a remarkable stimulating effect on the skin. This essential oil is also used for hair and scalp stimulation, as well as anti-aging products. The oil should also not be used during pregnancy and by the people with epilepsy or high blood pressure.
6. Rose oil – This oil has an astringent effect on oily skin and has a slight tightening effect. It is most effective for moisturizing and hydrating the skin while having a general stimulant and antiseptic action which is good for all skin types, but especially for dry, mature and irritated skin. It is used to repair broken capillaries, inflammation, as well as skin redness and is useful in eczema.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.