Winter comes and rings the message of buying peanuts that would be cracked beside the fireplace. The brightness of the winter sun reflecting off of snow and ice can lead to damage, spots, and skin cancer just as easily as in the heat of summer. Always use a sunscreen before going outside. Use a humidifier to place moisture in the air. If you don’t want to invest in an expensive humidifying system, smaller, relatively inexpensive humidifiers can be obtained at a local drug store. Placing two or three of these around your home will help to humidify the dry air.
Symptoms of Winter Skin: –
1. Dry Skin
2. Older looking skin
Skin care tips for winter: –
1. Sun protection. Outdoor winter weather conditions, such as wind or sun reflecting off snow and ice, can be very damaging to the skin. In winters, moisturize your skin with good moisturizers and cold creams. It should be applied to your face as well as the body, and at least thrice a day, especially before going to bed.
2. Winter wear. Because of the cold weather, we usually bundle up more. As we go in and out of temperature-controlled rooms or the thermometer rises and falls during the day, we tend to be overdressed, causing moisture to be lost through perspiration.
3. Before taking bath, apply a little coconut oil on your body to get rid off dryness and chaps. If you’re using soap, then use a creamy one which will provide extra suppleness to your skin. Bathing do’s and don’ts. Due to seasonal cold and flu viruses, general achiness, or just wanting to warm up, we shower or bathe more frequently in hot water in the winter. This contributes to itchiness by drawing additional moisture from the skin.
4. Moisturize to the max. Because indoor and outdoor conditions are drier in winter, use moisturizers more frequently; you may also want to switch to heavier emollients and creams during this season.
5. Lip service. Chapped lips are a common problem in winter months. We tend to make the problem worse by licking our lips to give them moisture, but, as that evaporates they tend to dry out even more. To add to the problem, our lips tend to him as we age and are more susceptible to cracking.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin: –
1. Take white of an egg and add some honey to it. Apply the mixture on the face. It helps to remove the tanning from your face.
2. Make a mixture by adding oats, honey, yoghurt and ground almonds. Apply this mixture on your face for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water. You will notice the difference in your skin before and after.
3. Make a paste of mint leaves and almonds by adding warm water to it. Leave it till it gets dry and then wash it off.
4. Mix some tomato juice with honey and apply it on your skin for sometime and then wash it with fresh water.
5. Take some fenugreek seeds and make of paste with milk. Apply it on the face and leave it for ten minutes. Then wash it with warm water.